INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA has pulled seven championship events from North Carolina, including opening-weekend men's basketball tournament games, for the coming year due to a state law that some say can lead to discrimination against LGBT people.
In a news release Monday, the NCAA says the decision by its board of governors came "because of the cumulative actions taken by the state concerning civil rights protections."
Along with men's basketball tournament games set for Greensboro, the NCAA will relocate:
- the Division I women's soccer championship;
- the Division III men's and women's soccer championships;
- the Division I women's golf regional championships;
- the Division III men's and women's tennis championships;
- the Division I women's lacrosse championship;
- and the Division II baseball championship.