Did you ever wonder what a scouting report looks like? Well, here you go.
Before Damian Lillard was Damian Lillard -- 2013 NBA Rookie of the Year and 2014 NBA All Star -- the 6-foot-3 guard out of Oakland toiled at Weber State in the Big Sky Conference.
Here’s a look at the subjective portion of an opponent’s scouting report on Lillard from his college career, obtained by CSNCalifornia.com. It seems as relevant now as it was then:
* “Explosive in the open court”
* “Strong going to the basket -- does a great job getting to the free throw line”
* “Very unselfish -- doesn’t force shots”
* “Utilizes his teammates well -- finds open man when doubled”
* “Creates off dribble or using screens”
* “Terrific 3-point range”
* “Doesn’t get rattled”
* Sticks to the game plan, plays within the team structure and is still capable of producing without forcing or “trying to get his” and is patient”
* “Stud, great attitude, work ethic and approach to the game”
In Sacramento’s sole win over Portland last season, a 123-119 triumph at Sleep Train Arena, Lillard scored 41 points.
The Kings (16-24) may not want to tempt fate again and try to overcome another prodigious Lillard effort against the Blazers (30-11) on Monday at the Moda Center.