SANTA CLARA –- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, in his first comments to reporters, reiterated he did nothing wrong in Miami last month.
“The district attorney has the information today,” Kaepernick said Wednesday following practice. “At this point, I’m going to let them handle their business. I did nothing wrong in that incident. So I want to do everything I can to let the DA close this matter.”
Earlier Wednesday, the Miami Police Department told CSNBayArea.com that it has concluded its investigation into the “suspicious incident” in which Kaepernick, receiver Quinton Patton and Seattle receiver Ricardo Lockette were named in an incident report last month.
“Our investigation has been presented to our (Miami-Dade) State Attorney’s Office and we await their decision whether to prosecute or not,” Miami Chief of Police Manuel Orosa told CSNBayArea.com on Wednesday via email.
Orosa declined to comment on any of the evidence in the case or the results of the toxicology tests. When asked if Kaepernick, Patton or Lockette have been interviewed, Orosa responded, “Their attorney declined our invitation for interviews.”
Said Kaepernick: “(I’m) very eager to have the matter closed. But, once again, going to let the DA handle their business and wait for their decision.”