UPDATE (1:05pm on Monday): Offensive tackle Tanner Hawkinson will be the 10th member of the practice squad, the 49ers announced.
Hawkinson (6-5, 300) was originally drafted by Cincinnati in the 5th round of the 2013 NFL Draft out of Kansas. He saw action in a career high three games for the Bengals in 2014. As a rookie, Hawkinson made his NFL debut vs. Minnesota (12/22/13).
The 49ers did not claim any players off waivers on Sunday, and none of the players they waived Saturday were immediately picked up by other teams.
After the waiver wire was distributed around the league on Sunday morning, teams were free to begin signing their 10-player practice squads.
The 49ers on Sunday announced the following signings to their practice squad.
WR DiAndre Campbell
CB Marcus Cromartie
RB Kendall Gaskins
DT Kaleb Ramsey
LB Marcus Rush
NT Garrison Smith
QB Dylan Thompson
G Andrew Tiller
S Jermaine Whitehead
* * *
Here's the practice-squad tracker that was updated as the signings became known:
1. WR DiAndre Campbell: The undrafted rookie from Washington had two catches for 18 yards during the exhibition season.
2. RB Kendall Gaskins: In four games, he rushed for 55 yards on 21 carries. Gaskins spent all of 2014 on the 49ers’ practice squad.
3. DL Kaleb Ramsey: A seventh-round pick in the 2014 draft, Ramsey missed all of his rookie season due to an Achilles injury.
4. DT Garrison Smith: He spent time on the practice squads of New Orleans and Miami before joining the 49ers on Dec. 23.
[RELATED: 49ers' initial 53-man roster]
5. QB Dylan Thompson: The 49ers kept two quarterbacks -- Colin Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert -- on the 53-man roster. The undrafted rookie from South Carolina played the entire exhibition finale against San Diego on Thursday. He completed 17 of 25 passes for 225 yards with two touchdowns and one interception.
--Former 49ers defensive lineman Lawrence Okoye signed with the practice squad of the Arizona Cardinals, reports NESN. Okoye worked out with New England last week. Okoye spent 2013 on injured reserve with the 49ers. He was on the 49ers' practice squad last season.
--Tight end Xavier Grimble, who was among the 49ers' final cuts, will not be re-signing with the 49ers' practice squad, a source said. Grimble had two catches for 4 yards in the exhibition season. Grimble spent the last month of last season on the 49ers' practice squad.
6. OLB Marcus Rush: The undrafted rookie from Michigan State had a strong training camp and made a serious bid for a spot on the 49ers' 53-man roster. He recorded one sack during the exhibition season.
7. CB Marcus Cromartie: He returns after spending three games with the 49ers at the end of last season. He originally entered the NFL with San Diego in 2013 as an undrafted rookie from Wisconsin.
--Tackle Justin Renfrow, who was among the 49ers' final cuts, will not be returning to the team's practice squad.
8. G Andrew Tiller: He signed with the 49ers practice squad in October and spent one game on the team's 53-man roster. He spent his entire rookie season of 2012 on New Orleans' active roster, but did not get into a game. In 2013, he appeared on the practice squads of San Diego and Green Bay. Tiller, who mostly played left guard with the 49ers' second team, graded as the top guard in the NFL during the exhibition season, according to Pro Football Focus.
9. S Jermaine Whitehead: An undrafted rookie from Auburn was among the 49ers' final cuts. The 49ers kept five safeties on their 53-man roster.
The 49ers have one remaining opening on their practice squad.